This blog is about health, fitness, weight loss, beauty, and relaxation.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Breathing Exercises

We wake up and we are breathing... aaah a good thing :-D I have asthma and sometimes my breathing isn't so great. An attack happens when I do strenuous exercise. To prevent this I use my rescue inhaler about 15 minutes before exercising. I used my inhaler a lot on our walks on the trip we took out west last year. It made up hill walking a lot easier.

I try to do breathing exercises to help my breathing on a daily basis. This video is for menopause, but is the same exercise I do. It helps for panic / stress attacks too. Breathing correctly is important in physical exercise.... remember to breathe from the diaphragm and not the chest.

How to Do Breathing Exercises for Menopause

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very helpful advice! I've noticed that deep cleansing breathes can help with a lot especially for stress, pain and even nausea

Michelle said...

LOVE your new blog, Zaroga! Speaking about breathing...for the longest time I didn't know you had to breathe from your diaphram...I just breathed from my chest. Now that I know how to breathe..I love meditating! It has really relaxed me. :)

xoxo